The season premiered on 13 October 2016 and promised to be the most adrenaline-fueled season ever. Eleven teams chosen from across the region competed in a high-octane dash around the world for a chance at the winning crown and USD$100,000 in cash.
Leg 5 (Thailand → Vietnam)
Airdate: 10 November 2016
- Phuket (Sirinat National Park – Nai Yang Beach Resort)
- Phuket (Phuket International Airport) to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (Tan Son Nhat International Airport)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Hồ Câu Tôm Giải Trí Thanh Đa)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Đường Nguyễn Văn Cừ (Vietnamese) – Photocopy Ngọc Yến)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Công Viên Tao Đàn Park or Hồ Thị Kỷ Flower Market) (Vietnamese)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Quán Bụi Restaurant)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Công viên Quách Thị Trang (Vietnamese) overlooking Chợ Bến Thành)
During the Pit Stop, all teams were moved to Nai Yang Beach Resort to begin this leg of the race. The Fast Forward which told the teams to go to Khu du lịch Bình Quới 1 in Bình Thạnh District and eat rice inside some clay pots in an attempt to find a Vietnamese gold coin in one of the rice. For every clay pot they selected, they must break the clay pot. Once they had found the gold coin, they would receive the Fast Forward clue.
The Detour was a choice between Badminton Bash and Flower Power. In Badminton Bash, teams must travel to Công Viên Tao Đàn Park, where they would have to play badminton. If they could score 10 points before their opponent scored 21 points, they would receive their next clue. In Flower Power, teams headed to Hồ Thị Kỷ Flower Market. Then, they must carry two empty baskets and find some flower stalls inside the flower market to gather some flowers. After they gathered all the flowers, they had to deliver the flowers to the flower retailer, H2 Flower Shop to receive their next clue.
The Roadblock required one team member to eat five courses of Vietnamese exotic delicacies; which were rats, bats, centipedes, scorpions and lizards. Once they had completely eaten all the foods, they would receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At Hồ Câu Tôm Giải Trí Thanh Đa, teams had to catch 4 prawns from the prawns’ pool inside the restaurant to receive their next clue.
- Upon arriving at Đường Nguyễn Văn Cừ, teams must search for Mr. Ngọc at the Photocopy Ngọc Yến, where he would photocopy and stamp their next clue.
Airdate: 17 November 2016
- Ho Chi Minh City (Tan Son Nhat International Airport) to Manila, Philippines (Ninoy Aquino International Airport)